TOWN OF NEWTON
NOTE: THE TOWN OF NEWTON WILL NO LONGER PLOW SNOW IN PRIVATE DRIVEWAYS. SANDING IS AVAILABLE AT A COST OF $35.00 PLUS MATERIALS. CONTACT THE ROAD SUPERINTENDENT AT (920) 758-2338.
The Manitowoc County Recycling Center has extended the dates of the annual tire collection event to end on October 7th. While it was originally advertised to go until September 23rd, the scheduled cleanout was delayed and there is ample space in the tire drop off area for additional tires. If you still have tires to clean out this is a good time to get rid of them.
This program allows Manitowoc County residents and businesses to properly dispose of their tires at a reduced rate. This program started in 1998 and has since collected approximately 3.35 million pounds of waste tires. Help make 2017 a record breaking year by bringing in your unwanted tires.
For more information call the Recycling Center at 920-683-4333 or visit http://www.co.manitowoc.wi.us/departments/q-z/recycling-center/tires/.
Manitowoc County Recycling Center
Monday – Friday 7am to 4pm, Saturday 8am to Noon Fees & Guidelines
· $4.00—per car tire or smaller (5 tires or less)
· $5.50—per standard truck tire (5 tires or less)
· 14 cents per pound ($280 per ton) for:
o Quantities of 6 or more tires
o Semi tires
o Tractor tires
o Tires on rims
· Pay in the Recycling Center Main Office before dropping off tires.
· Bring your waste tires to the Manitowoc County Recycling Center during normal business hours.
· Collection employees reserve the right to judge, based on tire size and quantity, whether a customer is charged on a per tire basis or by tire weight.
· Residents and businesses with large quantities of tires should call the Recycling Center.
Burning Permits will no longer be issued by the Nsight Telephone Company on English Lake Road. They are issued by: Highway 42 Garage, Recycling Center, Road Supervisor, Fire Chief.
NOVEMBER 1 TO March 31 - 9:00 TO 3:00
APRIL 1 TO October 31 - 8:00 TO 3:00
NO LARGE ITEMS ACCEPTED November 1 - March 31.
The Annual Report for 2015 can be viewed by clicking on "Newsletters" and the link for the report.